By JT Sloan, staff writer
With Mr. Brian Lipps taking over as Dean of Students, his classes are being taught by Mr. Alex Cummings for the remainder of the school year. Mr. Cummings, a graduate of Cambridge Springs High School, already knows much about about the PENNCREST school district. He has subbed for Mr. Lipps previously, and he has also subbed at his home school Cambridge Springs. Recently, we sat down for a conversation where he revealed some interesting details about his life.
10 You might not know about Mr. Cummings.
- Boxers or Briefs? ‘Boxer briefs, everyday.’
- Favorite Food? ‘My grandma’s hot dog soup, it’s basically potato soup with Smith hot dogs.’
- Favorite place to go out to eat? ‘The Hibachi Steakhouse in Erie’
- What kind of student were you in school? ‘Good grades, straight A’s, but I was a prankster, I was loud and obnoxious, always in trouble with the law (school). I wasn’t mean, I just liked to prank people.’
- What is your worst pet peeve? ‘I don’t like people who expect nice things, like entitled people. I just feel like you have to work for the nice things in life.’
- Do you have any pets? ‘I have a golden lab 5 month old puppy named Charlie Cummings’
- Favorite Color? ‘It goes from orange then blue then green’
- If you could go back in time and live through one event what would it be? ‘My first kiss as a young lad, I was in Florida during the harvest moon festival, the streets were brick, water shooting out of gushers in the ground, the feeling of romance was magical.’
- Where do you like to travel? ‘Japan, I love ancient Japanese culture, I wish I could teach it.’
- What is one crazy, weird fact about you ? ‘I’ve broken both my arms, both my legs, both my forearms, all of my fingers, and both my collarbones.’